Hot Prawn & Mango Stir Fry
- 20 peeled raw king prawns (approx 250g/9oz)
- Bunch of spring onions, trimmed and sliced
- 1” /2.5cm piece of root ginger, grated
- 1 clove of garlic, crushed
- 1 small red chilli, finely chopped
- 1 mango
- 2 tsp sun dried tomato puree
- 1 tbsp dark soy sauce
- 1 tbsp rice vinegar
- 0.5 tsp sesame oil
- 2 tbsp groundnut oil
- Salt and pepper
Put a large, wide based heavy pan or wok into the Roasting Oven to heat up before you start preparing the stir fry.
Mix together the onions, garlic, ginger and chilli. Peel the mango and cut into 1cm chunks. Mix together the tomato puree, soy sauce, rice vinegar and sesame oil (in a jam jar is easiest).
Transfer the hot pan to the Boiling Plate and heat the groundnut oil in it. Add the spring onion mixture and stir fry for a minute.
Add the prawns and continue to stir fry for another minute, and then tip in the mango pieces. Stir again then finally pour in the soy sauce mixture and stir until boiling.
Tip the prawn mixture onto a plate of rice and eat at once.
From Relaxed AGA Cooking by Sarah Whitaker