AGA Black Iron 32cm Serving Pan
AGA Swiss made black iron frying pans are a tough, long lasting, heavy gauge iron pan. The professional quality will give you many years of service.
A popular choice for professionals and keen cooks because this durable spun iron pan can be used for fast and fierce frying. It’s perfect for searing meat and fast frying of vegetables. Use on lower heats for gentle frying.
The AGA Black Iron pan can be used on the hob, under the grill and in the oven giving you one tough and versatile pan and is perfect for use on outdoor grills.
- Durable, heavy gauge, spun iron pan that absorbs and stores heat brilliantly
- Weight 4.24kg
- Suitable for all hob types, including induction it’s also grill and oven safe
- Follow the seasoning instructions to ensure the pan will develop its own non-stick properties
- Supplied with full use and care instructions
- Made in Switzerland
- UK 25 year Lifetime Guarantee
Care and use:
- Seasoning just needs to be done once and after seasoning you should avoid washing the pan in soapy water as it will then need re-seasoning
- Always add some oil before cooking – the pan is not suitable for fat-free cooking
- Use silicone, wooden or metal utensils
- Suitable for use on all types of hob, including induction
- Try to match the diameter of the pan to the ring on the hob
- Avoid dragging your pan across a glass topped hob
- Grill and oven safe up to 240°C
- Never leave your pan unattended. If strong smoke develops then the pan is too hot. Immediately remove from the heat and then continue at a lower temperature.
- Use oven gloves when lifting the pans
- Do not place pans on the oven floor, always use an oven shelf
To season your AGA black iron pan:
- Your pan needs seasoning in order to remove the antirust coating and to ensure you get the best performance from your pan
- Seasoning will help to create a non-stick patina
- Put potato peelings or sliced potatoes into the clean pan with plenty of salt
- Cover the base with an oil that has a high smoke point such as sunflower or peanut oil
- Fry the potato peelings or slices on a medium heat for about 30 minutes until the potatoes brown
- Discard the potatoes and wipe the pan
- From now on do not wash the pan as you want to retain the oily patina
- After each use wipe away any food residues and rub the inside with cooking oil, preferably sunflower oil