Leek & Gruyere Tart
Requires 1 x AGA Hard Anodised or Enamelled Steel Baking Tray
- 1 rectangular piece of ready rolled puff pastry
- 25g (1oz) butter
- 450g (1lb) leeks, tinly sliced and washed
- Salt & black pepper
- 1 clove of garlic, crushed
- 300ml (0.5 pint) double cream
- 3 eggs
- 0.5tsp nutmeg
- 115g (4oz) Gruyere cheese, grated
Line the baking tray with the puff pastry. Melt the butter in a saucepan; add the leeks, salt, pepper and garlic. Cook until soft for about 10 minutes, then cool.
Beat the cream with the eggs, mutmeg and three-quarters of the cheese. Place the leeks in the tray and pour over the egg mixture. Sprinkle the remaining cheese over the top.
2,3,4 and 5 oven AGA: Cook on the floor of the Roasting Oven for about 25 minutes until golden.
AGA Total Control: Use the floor grid.
Can be served either warm or cold.