Thyme Roasted Vegetables
- 1 small butternut squash, peeled, seeded and cut into cubes
- 4 shallots, peeled and halved
- 2 raw beetroot, peeled and cut into wedges
- 1 bulb fennel, cut into wedges
- 4 tbsp rapeseed oil
- Few sprigs of fresh thyme
- 1 tsp sea salt
Equipment: AGA cast iron chef’s dish
Place the butternut squash, shallots, beetroot and fennel into a bowl, pour over the oil and mix together until the vegetables are coated. Tip into the AGA cast iron chef's dish. Tuck in some sprigs of thyme.
2, 3 and 4 oven AGA: Place the dish on the floor of the Roasting Oven and cook for 30 minutes, until beginning to brown on the edges. Then turn the vegetables and return to the oven until tender, about 10 minutes.
Rayburn Cooking: Roast on the floor of the main oven at 200°C (400°F), Gas Mark 6.
Conventional cooking: Roast at 200°C (400°F), fan oven 180°C, Gas Mark 6.
Dawn Roads, AGA Food Editor.