Vegetable and Sausage Frittata
Serves 3 - 4
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 115g (4 oz) sliced, spicy sausage, such as chorizo
- 115g (4 oz) mushrooms, sliced
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 115g (4 oz) new potatoes, cooked and cubed
- 1 small red onion
- 6 eggs
- 115g (4 oz) cheese, grated
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
Heat the olive oil in a cast-iron omelette pan or 24cm (9 1/2 inch) non-stick cast-aluminium frying pan and sauté the sausage, mushrooms, pepper, potatoes and onion until all are heated through and cooked.
Beat the eggs with the cheese and parsley - season to taste. Pour into the pan and cook quickly for 3-4 minutes on the hotplate then move to the top of the oven to finish cooking. Main Oven 220°C (425°F), Gas Mark 7 Cook at the top of the oven, for about 4-6 minutes or until the egg has set.
Slide on to a serving dish and cut it into wedges to serve.