Asparagus & Goats' Cheese Flan
You will need
- 1 AGA Portmerion baking tray
- 1tsp melted butter
- 1 rectangular piece of ready rolled puff pastry
- 450g (1lb) asparagus, blanched and refreshed
- 3 free range eggs
- 300ml (0.5 pint) double cream
- 125g goats cheese (no rind)
- Salt and black pepper
- Grated cheese
Brush the baking tray, line with the puff pastry and place the asparagus spears over the surface. Beat the eggs with the cream and Goats’ cheese and season to taste. Pour the mixture over the asparagus and sprinkle with grated cheese.
2, 3 and 4 Oven AGA: Cook on the floor of the Roasting Oven for about 25 minutes until golden.
Conventional Cooking: Cook at 200oC, 400oF fan over 180oC, gas mark 6 for about 25-30 minutes until golden.
Serve warm or cold with a salad.
By Dawn Roads
AGA Food Editor