Cashew Chicken Stir-Fry
- AGA Wok
- 400g free-range skinless, boneless chicken fillets cut into approx 2cm strips
- 2 tbsp groundnut oil
- 1 red pepper, cut into 2cm dice
- 2cm fresh root ginger, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 2 fresh red chillies, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp oyster sauce
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- Pinch granulated sugar
- 1 bunch spring onions, cut into 5cm/2 in lengths
- 175g cashew nuts
Preheat the wok on the boiling plate. Heat the oil and ensure the surfaces are coated by swirling the oil around the wok.
Add the garlic and chillies and stir-fry until golden. Do not let the garlic burn otherwise it will taste bitter. Add the chicken and stir-fry until it is cooked through, the add the pepper. Stir in the oyster sauce, soy sauce and sugar. Add the onions and cashew nuts. Stir-fry for about 1-2 until heated through.