Cherry and Almond Tart
- 1 x 20cm (8 inch) flan dish lined with uncooked shortcrust pastry
- 1 punnet cherries, stoned
- 100g (3½ oz) soft butter
- 100g (3½ oz) caster sugar
- 1 large free range egg
- Few drops almond extract
- 100g (3½ oz) ground almonds
- 25g (1 oz) flaked almonds
Arrange the cherries over the base of a flan dish. Cream the butter and sugar together. Beat in the egg, almond extract and ground almonds. Spread the almond mixture evenly over the cherries and sprinkle with the flaked almonds.
Place the flan dish on the floor of the roasting oven. Slide the cold plain shelf on the second or third runners down and bake for about 25 minutes, until golden brown.
Serve warm or cold with cream, crème fraîche or ice cream.