Chocolate Truffle Christmas Puddings
Freeze the week before or chill for 2 days
- 140g dark chocolate 70% coco solids
- 300ml double cream
- 75ml Bailey’s liquor
- 25g caster sugar
- 200ml crème fraiche
- 250g chestnut spread (Nutella is good)
- 60g dark chocolate 70% coco solids
- 100ml extra thick cream
- 50ml full fat milk
- 1 tsp. caster sugar
Holly leaves, fresh cranberries or pomegranate seeds, chocolate stars and icing sugar to garnish
Line the Portmerion mini muffin tray with Clingfilm.
Melt 140g dark chocolate either on the back of the AGA, warming oven or on a low heat.
Once melted whisk the cream, Baileys and 25g caster sugar into the chocolate.
Beat the crème fraiche and then fold into the creamy chocolate.
Stir in the chestnut spread.
Spoon into the lined tray, smooth the tops and cover with cling film.
Place into the freezer or fridge.
To serve remove the Clingfilm and invert the puddings onto the Portmerion tray, decorate with holly leaves, fruit and chocolate stars.
Place into the fridge until ready to serve.
- Break the chocolate into pieces.
- Place the stainless steel sauce pot onto the simmering plate or a low heat setting.
- Pour in the cream and milk, then add the sugar.
- Stir to combine, bring to a gentle boil and then stir in the chocolate and remove from the heat.
Take the puddings from the fridge and serve with a sprinkle of icing sugar and a drizzle of chocolate sauce.
|Free delivery on all orders over £50