Giant Couscous Salad
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 200g (7 oz) giant couscous
- 400ml (14 fl oz) water or stock
- Salt and pepper
- 1 red onion, very finely chopped
- 100g (3½ oz) semi-dried tomatoes, roughly chopped
- 150g (5½ oz) green and black olives
- Fresh basil
Heat the oil in an AGA sauté pan and add the couscous. Cook until golden then take off the heat and add the water or stock. Return to the heat and bring back to the boil. Cover with a lid.
2, 3, 4 and 5 oven AGA: Transfer to the Simmering Oven for 10-15 minutes until the couscous has absorbed the water.
Season then stir in the onion, tomatoes, olives and fresh basil. Transfer to a serving dish or use the lid of the AGA cast aluminium casserole. Garnish with fresh basil and serve warm or cold.
Rayburn and conventional cooking: Cook the couscous on the hotplate or hob on a low heat.
By Dawn Roads, AGA Food Editor.