Black Cherry & Chocolate Pancakes
Retro Black Forest gateau flavours packed into your Shrove Tuesday treat.
For the pancakes:
- 100g plain flour
- pinch of salt
- 2 medium eggs
- 300ml milk
- butter to grease pan
For the filling:
- 400g fresh black cherries, pitted and halved
- 90ml Kirsch or rum
- 30ml maple syrup
- 6-8 tbsp good quality chocolate sauce or spread
- 300ml double cream, lightly whipped
- icing sugar to dust
- To prepare the filling; place the cherries in a bowl, pour over the Kirsch and maple syrup and stir well to coat the cherries. Cover and leave to macerate for around 30 minutes.
- To make the pancakes; Sift the flour and salt into a bowl make a well in the centre. Whisk the eggs and milk together and gradually add the milk, beating to form a smooth batter. Pour into a jug.
- To fry the pancakes; preheat an Aga frying pan on the boiling plate. Add a little butter to grease the pan this also gives a deliciously golden finish to your pancakes.
- Pour in enough batter to thinly coat the base of the pan, swirl it around to reach all the edges. Cook for about 2 minutes until the underside is golden and pancake moves freely.
- If you are feeling adventurous you can toss the pancake, if not use a spatula and gently turn it over. Cook for a further minute, until browned.
- Stack on a plate with circles of greaseproof in between and then cover with foil and keep warm in the simmering oven until you are ready to serve.
- Spread 1 tablespoon of chocolate sauce over each pancake, followed by a good dollop of cream and a generous spoonful of cherries. Fold carefully into quarters, dust with icing sugar and serve with remaining cherries and liquor and more cream if desired.
- Serve and eat immediately.
By Mandy Lloyd - AGA Home Economist
Write Your Own Review
Keep up to date with the latest home inspiration and AGA must haves by following our socials.