Sea Food Pasta
- 250g pasta shells (dry weight)
- 200g frozen cooked prawns, defrosted and rinsed
- 250g smoked salmon, cut into small pieces
- 1 bunch of spring onions, roughly chopped 500ml Crème Fraiche
- 0.25pint of white wine
- 1 tbsp tomato puree
- Fresh dill and parsley, washed and chopped
- Salt and black pepper
- Oil and butter for cooking
Cook the pasta in boiling water (until al dente), rinse well and set aside. Use a shallow wide based pan to melt a knob of butter and 3tbsp oil on the Simmering Plate.
Add the chopped spring onions to the pan and sweat for 2 minutes, then move the pan to the Boiling Plate. Heat until very hot and add the wine. Reduce to a thick liquid.
Remove from the heat and add the prawns, crème fraiche, puree and pasta shells. Stir well and begin to heat thoroughly but gently on the Simmering Plate.
When hot add the salmon and herbs. Stir in and correct the seasoning. Cover with a lid and leave on the Simmering Plate for about 5 minutes – or until very well heated through.
Serve with hot crusty bread.
By Penny Webb
Freelance Demonstrator for AGA Rangemaster