White Chocolate and Raspberry Cheesecake
By AGA Demonstrator Sarah Whitaker from her bestselling cookbook Effortless AGA Cooking.
- 9 oz (250g) white chocolate
- 2 tubs (2 x 300g) cream cheese
- ½ pint (300ml) whipping cream
- 2 oz (55g) caster sugar
- ½ jar best quality raspberry jam
- 3½ oz (100g) ginger nut biscuits
- 8 oz (225g) raspberries
- Icing sugar to finish
Oven: Back of Aga
Prepare in advance: Prepared cheesecake will keep in fridge for 24 hours
- Put the chocolate into a bowl and set on the back of the Aga to melt. Set the packets of cream cheese onto the back of the Aga to soften.
- Put the biscuits into a plastic bag and bash with a rolling pin the break them up, but not to a powder.
- Line a 2lb (1litre) loaf tin with cling film.
- Put the cream cheese, cream and sugar into a bowl and whisk together until thick.
- Mix half of the raspberries with the jam.
- Put half of the cheese mixture until the tin and smooth the top. Spread with the mixed raspberries and jam.
- Spread the rest of the cream cheese over the top, then put on the biscuits in a single layer. Press down gently, cover with more cling film and chill for at least 4 hours or overnight.
- To serve, turn the cheesecake out of the tin, remove the cling film and scatter over the rest of the raspberries and shake a little icing sugar over the top to show you have made an effort.
- Use broken meringues instead of the ginger biscuits
- Use strawberry jam and sliced strawberries instead of the raspberries
- Use marmalade and orange segments and dark chocolate for a winter version
- Use cranberry sauce and poached cranberries with orange juice for a Christmas version
- Make individual cheesecakes by using a 12 hole deep muffin tin, lining each hole with cling film
From Effortless AGA Cooking by Sarah Whitaker.
Write Your Own Review
Keep up to date with the latest home inspiration and AGA must haves by following our socials.